This is a sponsored post on my Budu & Belacan blog. Since it's about photography, thought I should post it here as well.
So here we go..
Great news for all you photography enthusiasts out there. The MAYBANK Photography Awards is here! This is a collaborative effort with Maybank (semestinya pun, dah nama MAYBANK photography awards), Leica (drooling already), Profoto (walawehhh) and HP (woooot). Like so ahhsum!
The theme of this competition is "Being Human". On the website it says:
"..the competition is looking to showcase the very values that make us what we are and who we are through the power of images. We believe images have the ability to spur on social development and cultural understanding, thus uniting us as a people."
There are 5 categories you can enter:
- PHOTOGRAPHER OF THE YEAR
- STREET PHOTOGRAPHY (Awarded by Leica)
- STUDIO PHOTOGRAPHY (Awarded by Profoto)
- LANDSCAPE PHOTOGRAPHY (Awarded by HP)
- PRESS PHOTOGRAPHY (only open to members of the press)
The competition will run from 3 September – 31 October 2012. One (1) winner will be selected for each category and two (2) for People’s Choice Award. Prizes to be won includes:-
- Photography of the Year 1x Maybank Debit Card preloaded with RM10,000
- Street Photography 1x Personalised Leica X2 Set
- Studio Photography 1x Profoto D1 Studio Kit
- Landscape Photography 1x HP Designjet Z2100 24
- Press Photography 1x Maybank Debit Card preloaded with RM5,000
- People's Choice Award 2x RM1,000
For the People's Choice Award.. is based on how many votes you get. So, the sooner you upload your photo, the higher the chances you can gain with votes from your mom, dad, sisters, brothers, cousins, friends, in other words through shameless self promotion. Heehee. Do head on over to maybankphotoawards.com for more details and upload your photo(s). All the best folks!
Much Love, Sue Anna Joe